Established in Perth in 1970, South Seas Trading is a family business with a passion for packaging. Located in Canning Vale, Perth, to date we have been supplying packaging products to the food and grocery industry for forty years and have 11 distributors around the state of Western Australia.
All our packaging products comply with and meet with the Food-Safe Standard Requirements of A.S 2070/2071 (Australian Standard), as well as the standard system of the HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points).
We have proudly been promoting sustainable and biodegradable products since 2007 and continue to source innovative environmental products for our market. One of the latest developments we have introduced is the Tamper-Evident Container (TEC), which is proving popular in Australia because of its safety element. We continue to research, stock and promote the use of the best sustainable packaging solutions, in particular those of bio-based, non-toxic, recyclable, biodegradable and compostable materials.
- 1970-1978 – imported canned Asian food and gourmet products
- 1978 – switched direction to importing disposable packaging products
- 1993 – imported specialised items such as the “Allfolin” deli-wrap from Germany
- 1994 – awarded the official Australian distributorship for the “Allfolin” deli-wrap
- 1995 – produced exclusive packaging for the National Heart Foundation and WA Health Department’s healthy eating campaigns (e.g. 2 Fruit & 5 Veg)
- 1998 – registered “Heap-O-Bags”, the large produce bag with its own dispensing system, for large & bulky products
- 2007 – began stocking and researching sustainable and biodegradable packaging products
- 2017 – began circulation of printed non-woven bags as part of the national phasing-out of plastic HDPE (high density polyethylene) check-out bags
- 2017 – introduced tamper-evident containers and a wide range of biodegradable and sustainable products. We aim to replace the current traditional polystyrene products, which are toxic as well as non-recyclable
- 2019 – in keeping with our Environmental program, we continued researching the availability of various Biodegradable (as well as Compostable) products worldwide, and in more depth.
Up to date, our range of Biodegradable & Compostable materials has increased in many different ways – from packing containers to trays, wrapping film, bags, sheets, cutleries, straws etc
Here, at South Seas Trading, we shall endeavour to supply our home state of WA with the latest resources of earth-friendly materials. In line with the current sustainable products which will benefit, as well as protect, our public health and environment over a long period of time.
“Leading The Way To A Greener WA”